In addition to trusted informational texts, Fourscore provides well-defined Tasks that teachers can employ in the classrooms. These Tasks, described by Social Studies and ELA curriculum experts, offer proven instructional strategies that can be differentiated and adopted to meet the level of any students.
The Tasks provide insight into the teaching of crucial skills, such as sourcing documents, analyzing texts and building argument, that are not just requirements of the new CCSS curriculum, but are excellent pedagogical practices. These tasks are curated with our website content, but can be replicated into other disciplines with any content.
The Models show how Tasks can be implemented.
Tasks and Models included in Fourscore are:
- TASK 1. Wrestle with the Argument
- TASK 2. One Sentence Summaries
- TASK 3. Unpack the Points
- TASK 4. Explicit Vocabulary Sheet
- TASK 5. Word Choice Matters
- TASK 6. Word Wall
- TASK 7. Close Reading - Focus Question
- TASK 8. Analyze and Compare Author Purpose
- TASK 9. Close Reading: Rhetorical Devices
- TASK 10. Question the Author
- TASK 11. Identifying Expository Structures
- TASK 12. Read and Watch (Or Read and Look)
- TASK 13. Form/Content/Context
- TASK 14. Students vs Wordle/Vocabgrabber
- TASK 15. Word Matrix
- TASK 16. Speech
- TASK 17. White Out
- TASK 18. Sow, Sew, So What?
- TASK 19. Comparative Analysis
- TASK 20. Save the Last Word
- TASK 21. Acrostic Poem
- TASK 22. Structured Academic Controversy
- TASK 23. Identifying Claim/Evidence
- TASK 24. (Question Formulation Technique)
- TASK 25. Document Analysis/Sourcing